Date:      Mon, 04 May 1998 17:52:13 +0100
From:      Manar Hussain <manar@ivision.co.uk>
To:        Paul Stewart <paul@kawartha.com>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: server side includes in apache 1.2.6

>In my index.html file I have the following line...
>
><!--#exec cgi="/cgi-bin/bannerwheel.cgi"-->

You need to set .html files to be ssi parsed! This is not done by default,
much as treating all .cgi files as CGIs is not a default action. I can't
remember the syntax off hand but there'll be one commented out one for the
"shtml" file extension so grepping for that should spot the line needed.

Manar