Date:      Tue, 8 Feb 2000 09:07:09 -0500 (EST)
From:      Pat Lynch <lynch@bsd.unix.sh>
To:        Gianmarco Giovannelli <gmarco@scotty.masternet.it>
Cc:        chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD at LinuxWorld.

On Tue, 8 Feb 2000, Gianmarco Giovannelli wrote:

> This convention seems very interesting. :-)
> I propose the same choreography for the next FreeBSDCon.
> I think it can increase enormously the number of participants...

	Actually, I think that we would have been just as attractive
without the Booth Babe types. However, there are certain conferences this
probably should be done for, Comdex, etc.
	However, USENIX and BSDCon , etc, do *not* need the Booth Babes,
as FreeBSD and BSD in general stands on its own.
	As the little throngs of young NYLUG members told me "We don;t
care about BSD, we just want our pictures taken with *them*", which tells
me it really didn't exactly have the desired effects. Did it attract
people to near the booth? Yes. Did they stick around to ask questions? No.

	HOWEVER, giving out CD's did cause people to come talk to us. I
know for a fact Marc was just not handing them over, but asking them if
they planned on installing it, etc.

	Still people know who we are now, if anything =)

> Forget the penguin, forget jhk, look only at the devils :-)

	For the last time , its Daemon! (paraphrased from UserFriendly)

-Pat

__

Pat Lynch						lynch@rush.net
							lynch@bsdunix.net
							lynch@unix.sh
							lynch@blowfi.sh
Systems Administrator					Rush Networking