Date:      Thu, 6 May 2021 12:51:54 +0200
From:      Ben RUBSON <ben.rubson@gmx.com>
To:        "fs@freebsd.org" <fs@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Dual-port SAS HDD ?

Hi,

I'm building a new ZFS pool from scratch, choosing my own hardware =
etc...
For sure I'll go for the standard SAS2008 / SAS3008 controller.

However, I'm wondering whether or not I should absolutely go for =
dual-port SAS HDD (with dual backplane, controller...).
I have some difficulties to find enterprise grade dual port SAS HDD.
HGST used to provide Ultrastar SAS HDD which were dual-port.
However, strangely, Western Digital does not advertise their Ultrastar =
DC SAS HDD as bringing dual-port, so I guess they're not.

Any thoughts / advices regarding this topic ?

Many thanks for your help,

Kind regards,

Ben