Date:      Thu, 27 Sep 2012 12:59:07 -0700
From:      Stuart Matthews <stuart@islogistics.com>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   contributing to the ports collection

Hi everyone,

After several years of using FreeBSD, I have decided it is time to start
contributing my time to the project. I have read through the relevant
page on freebsd.org and intend to look into contributing in a couple of
the ways listed there. However, my main interest is contributing a port
to the ports collection.

Specifically, I want to add WordShell (http://wordshell.net/) to the
FreeBSD ports collection. I want to install it for myself, and I
generally don't like using software outside of some sort of software
manager wherein I can keep everything neatly up-to-date.

How would I get started in adding something to the ports collection?

Thanks,
Stu