Date:      Tue, 21 Mar 2017 21:59:41 +0530
From:      Vishwas Suryanarayan <sparkvish1@gmail.com>
To:        "freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org" <freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org>
Subject:   [Advice Required] GSoC Proposal

Hello,
As a pre-final year student pursuing my bachelor=E2=80=99s degree in Comput=
er Science, this is my first time applying to the Google Summer of Code ini=
tiative.=20
Of the organizations that were listed, I found FreeBSD as one among the mos=
t interesting communities, with project ideas that seemed to align perfectl=
y with my interests, namely networking and OS internals.=20
I would be privileged to be able to do my part by contributing to =C2=A0thi=
s project. After going through the ideas list, I was most interested in the=
 network and OS related projects, as I am familiar with sockets and UNIX AP=
Is.
In particular, the usbdump, dummynet, and the boot environment manager were=
 quite fascinating.=20
I was led to understand that the students are encouraged to correspond with=
 the organization before submitting a proposal, and would like to enquire w=
hat is expected in a proposal.

Thank You,
Vishwas S
=C2=A0