Date:      Thu, 22 Apr 2021 13:13:35 +0200
From:      Peter Blok <pblok@bsd4all.org>
To:        Eugene Grosbein <eugen@grosbein.net>
Cc:        Daniel Dettlaff <dmilith@me.com>, freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 32-bit jail on 64-bit host

The goal is to use p5-DBD-Oracle which only works/compiles on i386 on a =
very light system not able to run bhyve.

I have tried with lib32 but it fails as well. I do not have a lot of =
time to debug this, so I was hoping I was able to make this work on an =
i386 jail.

I=E2=80=99ll change the jail.conf and manage it from the outside. =
Hopefully it works.

> On 22 Apr 2021, at 13:06, Eugene Grosbein <eugen@grosbein.net> wrote:
>=20
> 22.04.2021 17:32, Daniel Dettlaff via freebsd-hackers wrote:
>=20
>> If you need to run 32bit software with 64bit base system just try =
creating 64bit jail with lib32 subsystem present. Then 32bit software =
should be able to run properly in such jail, but you can't run 32bit =
jail on 64bit base as Eugene said.
>=20
> Not exactly. It is definitely possible to run 32bit-only jail with 64 =
host (kernel)
> if one does not try use it as distinct machine with its own set of =
interfaces, routing tables etc.