Date:      Mon, 15 Nov 1999 05:13:52 -0800 (PST)
From:      Philippe Troin <phil@fifi.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   NFS hangs ? (3.3 STABLE)

Hi, I'm running FreeBSD 3.3 STABLE on two boxes, mounting NFS exports from
one to an other....
When a server reboots, the client stays stuck.
A tcpdump on the link shows no response to the client's NFS packets.
Mounting the same volume on an other mount point works, but the first mount
point stays stuck...
The nfs mounts are done through amd with the following map:

/defaults	type==nfs;\
		  opts:=intr,nfsv3,mntudp,nqnfs,resvport,nosuid,nodev

*	-rhost:=tantale;fs:=/a/tantale/d0;rfs:=/a/tantale/d0;sublink:=${key} \
	host==tantale;type:=link \
	host!=tantale;type:=nfs

Amd show the host as down, but it isn't obviously.

On a related topic, how can I see which *NFS* options were used to mount
a remote filesystem (mount doesn't display the *NFS* related options).

Please reply to phil@fifi.org, I'm not subscribed (yet) to this list.

Phil.