Date:      Mon, 19 Nov 2001 12:39:28 +0100
From:      Eric Masson <e-masson@kisoft-services.com>
To:        "Alan Edmonds" <kb5zuy@airmail.net>
Cc:        "Gianmarco Giovannelli" <gmarco@scotty.masternet.it>, "Warner Losh" <imp@harmony.village.org>, <mobile@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: nic wireless , which one ? (long)

>>>>> "Alan" == Alan Edmonds <kb5zuy@airmail.net> writes:

 Alan> Just for grins, did you try booting the -current install floppies
 Alan> and see if that would bring up the card?

No, I'm waiting for another laptop (old Dell Inspiron 3100) to try
running current, a few weeks left, as my colleague will get his new
Inspiron 8100 RSN :)

 Alan> Did you look at the stats on the access point to see if it sees
 Alan> the card, etc?

Yes, when i try to use the card under FreeBSD, the packet counts on the
AP (Intel AP2011) increase regularly but no packet gets back to the ip
stack.

 Alan> I have one card that does what you describe under Win2k. I think
 Alan> the card is bad. I've tried it on several laptops with similar
 Alan> results. It associates with the AP, but then nothing.....

Well in my case, the card works fine under Win98SE, that's why I don't
really understand the problem.

Eric

--
 [...] C'est aussi mon avis. Il reigne par ici une frenesie autour du GMP
 tout a fait inquietante... (Et la je suis encore bon pour le GMP,