Date:      Mon, 04 Sep 2017 12:34:56 -0400
From:      Ernie Luzar <luzar722@gmail.com>
To:        "freebsd-questions@freebsd.org" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   resolvconf function for unbound port

Hello List;

Have the port version of unbound installed on my host and working for
both lan network and host dns requests.

The problem is when the host is booted the "nameserver 127.0.0.1" line
gets automatically removed from the /etc/resolv.conf file resulting in
unbound no longer serving dns requests originating from the host.

I saw that this problem is solved for the OS built in version
local_unbound by the automatic use of the resolvconf function. I have
re-read the man pages for resolvconf and resolvconf.conf many times and
do not understand what its trying to say.

Requesting help in configuring the resolvconf function so the
"nameserver 127.0.0.1" line gets automatically inserted back into the
/etc/resolv.conf file at boot time.

Thanks