Date:      Sat, 12 Jan 2002 22:27:29 -0800 (PST)
From:      k Macy <kip_macy@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org, freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   How well does EVFILT_AIO work?

Has anybody used AIO in conjunction with kevent?
I am seeing as much as a 12 second latency between
when I do an 8k aio_write to a file on local disk
and kevent returning its completion (I'm calling
kevent every ~20ms). Using regular writes works fine,
but this is a multi-threaded application so they cause

the entire process to block.

I'm trying to use kevent because using AIO with
signals
doesn't appear to work with threads as the siginfo_t
passed to the signal handler doesn't get filled out
in spite of the fact that SA_SIGINFO is being set.

If no one has any ideas I'll file a PR with the code
that demonstrates the various bugs.

I'm running 20010106-CURRENT.

			-Kip