Date:      Sun, 04 Nov 2012 08:57:37 +0100
From:      Bas Smeelen <b.smeelen@ose.nl>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: freebsd-update and sources of 9.1-RC3

On 11/03/2012 05=3A03 PM=2C jb wrote=3A
=3E Eugene Grosbein =3Ceugen =3Cat=3E grosbein=2Enet=3E writes=3A
=3E
=3E=3E =2E=2E=2E
=3E=3E My real question is how make freebsd-update download sources they ar=
e not
=3E=3E installed=3F
=3E I am not 110=25 sure=2C but you can not=2E
=3E When freebsd-update runs=2C it checks its config file /etc/freebsd-upda=
te=2Econf
=3E and then takes inventory of your system =28that=27s why it is called=20=
=22update=22=2C and
=3E that=27s why you do not get new src set=29=2E
=3E FREEBSD-UPDATE=288=29 does not give any =22override=22 option=2E
=3E So=2C here you are=2E But next time =28assuming you keep your src=29 yo=
u will be fine=2E
=3E jb

Can=27t this be accomplished by setting
StrictComponents yes
in /etc/freebsd-update=2Econf =3F

Then feebsd-update does not try to figure out the components to update=20=

by itself=2C but updates the components mentioned in
Components src world kernel

I didn=27t try what happens if no source is installed=2E

This e-mail message=2C including any attachment=28s=29=2C is intended solel=
y for the addressee or addressees=2E Any views or opinions presented herein=
 are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of O=
SE=2E

If you are not the intended recipient of this communication please return t=
his e-mail message and the attachment=28s=29 to the sender and delete and d=
estroy all copies=2E