Date:      Fri, 30 Jun 1995 10:49:42 -0600
From:      Brian Handy <handy@condor.physics.montana.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   2.0.5 install prob

Hi,

I'm thinking about upgrading my 486 to 2.0.5.  I foresee one problem,
though...I have a Dec DEPCA ethernet card, which doesn't appear to be
supported in the basic release.

What I've done in the past is to compile some files into my kernel
so's the network card works.  I have these files (if_se.c and
if_sereg.h, if memory serves) on my system.

Question is -- if I make the appropriate modifications to my kernel
config file to include these bad boys -- can I compile a 2.0.5 kernel?

Thanks

Brian Handy