Date:      Tue, 7 Jan 1997 07:53:22 -0500 (EST)
From:      Mailist PostOffice <mailist@whoweb.com>
To:        Peter Dufault <dufault@hda.com>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Kernel Build: Hard Wired SCSI Devices

>You have to also wire down scbus0 or else if you add more than one
>scsi bus it may move, defeating the purpose of the wiring.  See
>the examples in /sys/i386/conf/LINT, e.g.,
>
>controller    scbus0 at ahc0      # Single bus device
>
>Peter
>
>--
>Peter Dufault (dufault@hda.com)   Realtime Machine Control and Simulation
>HD Associates, Inc.               Voice: 508 433 6936

I tried wiring down the scbus0 to ncr0, but then got an error message about
a non-existent controller or bus, or some such thing.  I moved the ncr0
definition ahead of the disk definitions, but that didn't help.

Advanced Digital Research, Weare NH
WWW: http://www.whoweb.com/adrl
E-Mail: Mailist PostOffice <mailist@whoweb.com>
Date: 01/07/97        Time: 07:43:30