Date:      Thu, 23 Mar 1995 08:48:11 +0100 (MET)
From:      Christoph Kukulies <kuku@gilberto.physik.rwth-aachen.de>
To:        nate@trout.sri.MT.net (Nate Williams)
Cc:        freebsd-current@freefall.cdrom.com (user alias)
Subject:   Re: Make World Times ( was Re: commits in the last 2 days?)

> > > 	How long will a make world take on a 486dx2/66?  I need to do it once
> > > and get all the objects built once, from then on the dependencies should make
> > > sure I only build what I need to each time, right?  Thanks.
> >
> > Ahh... not sure... I run this stuff on a P54-90 with 4 to 5MB/sec disk
> > drives.  I'd guess maybe 6 to 7 hours max.
>
> On my box (subjective, nothing definitive) which is a
> 486/66-16MB/ISA/SCSI I suspect it's more like 24-36 hours for a complete
> make world.  A simple make takes 12-14 hours if I remember right.
> However, I'm usually running alot more than make world, so that'll slow
> it down.  But, I don't suspect it halves the time.
>

> Nate

10.5 hours here (I start one at 6 am and one at 6 pm with a subsequent
kernel build and reboot lauched by cron). It's a 486DX2/66 ISA/VL
VLB EIDE Quantum 540A and 32MB memory. The times could be better.

Btw, what has become of the new /usr/src/Makefile (Wackerbart ?)

FreeBSD blues 2.1.0-Development FreeBSD 2.1.0-Development #0: Wed Mar 22
04:54:59  1995     root@blues:/usr/src/sys/compile/BLUESGUS  i386