Date:      Sat, 19 May 2001 16:23:41 +0200
From:      Benedikt Schmidt <s_bschmi@ira.uka.de>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: text-only MUA...suggestions?

Munish Chopra wrote:
> I've been using mutt for a while, but I'm changing e-mail accounts now and
> in need of SMTP support. Mutt doesn't support this, so I looked at pine as
> an alternative. It seems (correct me if I'm wrong) kind of bloated...pico
> and all kinds of other junk just come in with it according to the pkg-desc.
>
> So, do any of you have suggestions for a text-only mailer that supports
> SMTP?
If you only need a simple way to send emails out of mutt without
changing the configuration of your MTA. You could use a smaller
commandline mta like nbsmtp

http://www2.fastdial.net/~drysdam/software/software.html

where you can specify your mail server on the commandline.

,----[ quote from nbsmtp website ]

`----

--
Benedikt