Date:      Tue, 7 Apr 1998 18:18:16 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Tim Vanderhoek <ac199@hwcn.org>
To:        Konstantin Chuguev <joy@urc.ac.ru>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: pkg_add from FTP repositary

On Tue, 7 Apr 1998, Konstantin Chuguev wrote:

> I'm using a URL as a parameter for pkg_add. But then I cannot
> automatically install the packages which the first one depends on.
> PKG_PATH is used only for local files. Of course, it is correct, because
> searching files in FTP site is expensive.

Have you actually tried this?  pkg_add(1) is supposed to be able
to automatically fetch dependencies over FTP based on the
original URL you pass it.  I think you need to have all of the
packages in the same directory, though.

--
 tIM...HOEk
OPTIMIZATION: the process of using many one-letter variables names