Date:      Fri, 16 Mar 2001 09:20:18 -0500
From:      Xeon2578@netscape.net
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:    Problem with IOMEGA USB ZIP 100 - HELP!

Greetings...

I have a strange problem with my Iomega Zip 100 USB,I have installed it on a sony laptop PCG-FX101, which has two usb ports. I am running FreeBSD 4.0

I rebuilt my Kernel with USB Support: see below

device          uhci            # UHCI PCI->USB interface
device          ohci            # OHCI PCI->USB interface
device          usb             # USB Bus (required)
device          ugen            # Generic
device          uhid            # "Human Interface Devices"
device          umass           # Disks/Mass storage - Requires scbus and da

The LINT File specifically Identifies "device umass" as the one for IOMEGA ZIP 100 USB.
with all this done, Every thing seems O.K.
I then configured usbd according, started it and tested it by removing and inserting the USB Zip drive, the Kernel notices the Insertion and I dentfies the device as umass0: IOMEGA ZIP 100, when I remove it again it is
noticed but with a message that says:
 "Woops! this will panic your system."
  "Detachment of drive is no supported currently."
On rebootingwith Zip connected and Powered, every things works out fine, it is identified again as
umass0: IOMEGA ZIP ........
but just before it starts mounting filesystems, It stops for a while and then returns a some output messages:

Fault trap 12: Page fault while in kernel mode
Panic: Page fault
Rebooting in 15 seconds

This goes on and on until I disconnect the ZIP drive, and then it boots normally.

ANy Ideas? could it be some conflict with the IDE hard drive.???