Date:      Fri, 17 Aug 2001 15:34:18 -0700
From:      "Kevin Oberman" <oberman@es.net>
To:        "Mark A. Pitman" <mark@ePitman.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Making Gabber from the ports collection

> Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2001 12:33:41 -0700 (MST)
> From: "Mark A. Pitman" <mark@ePitman.com>
> Sender: owner-freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
>
> I have been trying to compile Gabber from the ports collection
> (/usr/ports/net/gabber) on FreeBSD 4.3-RELEASE. The ports collection I
> have installed is from the CD. I tried using the current ports, but I had
> even more troubles with that.
>
> I got to a point where it was looking for gnomemm.3 and could not find it.
> I solved that by creating a symlink from libgnomemm.so.4 to
> libgnomemm.so.3. Now I am getting the following errors:

[errors omitted]

You really need to update your ports collection. gabber is a tool that
gets LOTS of fixes and running such an old version, even it it built,
would likely be painful.

Looks like /usr/ports/converters/iconv is also missing, but I suspect
that an upgrade to the current port would do the trick.

R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)