Date:      Sun, 28 Sep 1997 14:05:08 -0700
From:      John-Mark Gurney <gurney_j@efn.org>
To:        Al.Johnson@AJC.State.Net
Cc:        freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: xftv

Al Johnson scribbled this message on Sep 29:
> Here's something that may be indicative of the problem
> When I start xftv I get the following error:
>
> Active visual doe not support direct video
> ... backing off and using XImage
>
> Is there something I can do to correct this?

do either as Amancio says.. or make sure that your X server is started
by xdm, and not /etc/ttys...

ttylll

--
  John-Mark Gurney                          Modem/FAX: +1 541 683 6954
  Cu Networking

  Live in Peace, destroy Micro$oft, support free software, run FreeBSD