Date:      Fri, 05 Apr 2002 11:05:27 -0600
From:      Ben Kadish <Ben.Kadish@happcontrols.com>
To:        Server Admin <admin@sage-one.net>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Apache with mod_ssl and other mods

As I recall, the install of the mods you mention from ports will install
Apache (without SSL) as a dependency. Do you necessarily need apache_ssl,
or will apache+mod_ssl work for your needs?

In this situation, I'd seriously consider building from source to make sure
everything happens the right way. But I'm really anal retentive about that
stuff.