Date:      Wed, 12 Oct 2005 13:49:55 -0700
From:      Murray Stokely <murray@freebsd.org>
To:        Daniel Gerzo <danger@rulez.sk>
Cc:        freebsd-www@freebsd.org, Tilman Linneweh <arved@arved.at>, Arthur Hartwig <ahartwig@iprg.nokia.com>
Subject:   Re: Comments on the new web site

On Wed, Oct 12, 2005 at 10:42:18PM +0200, Daniel Gerzo wrote:
> Why do you need more space? I use 1024x768 resolution and there is
> enough space to add a few more links...

It is not physical space but clutter.  The more links you have the
harder it is to find the relevant ones.  With 10 links, it is easy to
find a 'developers' link.  If you clutter that with 30 links, the same
'developers' link becomes much harder to find.  That's why people
contantly couldn't find things like the 'release engineering' link on
the old front page.

Putting as many links as will fit is the problem, not the solution.

    - Murray