Date:      Tue, 10 Oct 1995 11:29:32 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Joe Greco <jgreco@brasil.moneng.mei.com>
To:        paul@netcraft.co.uk
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: aliases and INADRR_ANY

> Do people expect daemons bound to INADDR_ANY to listen to aliases
> that are added after they are started.

I would expect that INADDR_ANY would listen to new aliases AND new
interfaces.  I don't recall whether or not it works this way, but suspect it
does at least for the interface scenario.

IMHO, alias generally == interface conceptually, so they should behave
similarly.

I would expect that daemons that bind on a per-interface/alias basis would
occasionally rescan the interface list, but I know for a fact not everybody
does this.

... Joe