Date:      Sun, 28 Sep 1997 16:19:01 +0500
From:      Daimler Benz <dbrci@giasbg01.vsnl.net.in>
To:        support@freebsd.org
Subject:   Installation of Freebsd from a DOS partition

Dear Sir/Madam

I am trying to install Freebsd on my computer.I have partitioned the hard
disk into two partitions, using FIPS. One of these I did a format /s on, to
be able to boot into DOS. I am unable to load Freebsd from the CDROM since
it is not being detected.(I think the reason could be that it is a 12x ATAPI
IDE CDROM ).I have the dos drivers for the CD, and copied the contents of
the whole CD onto a directory on the DOS partition called Freebsd. I then
tried loading bsd from the DOS partition, but it says :

        Write failed ( -1 bytes copied of 1024 )

What do I do??

Mayur Deshpande

Scientist

Daimler Benz Research Centre India Pvt. Ltd.