Date:      Sat, 3 Feb 2001 13:21:48 +0100
From:      Cliff Sarginson <cliff@raggedclown.net>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   PPP, again .. *sigh*

Ok, mmm, I grit my persistence teeth here.
I have an odd problem with PPP for my Dial on Demand connection.
I had it all setup running tickety boo on a 4.0 box.
I then moved it for compelling reasons to a 4.2 box.
Same settings etc, same ppp.conf (different serial port)
same kernel options as applicable, same everything.
Now I have this odd problem. When I dial in, a connection is made
but then there is a delay of maybe 2 minutes before
any responses occur, to DNS lookups say. It is almost as
though PPP is suspended for some reason, since I log everything
and it isn't saying much. After this time, it works fine.
I have stripped the connection down to a minimum for testing
no firewall, no PPP filters, nothing in ppp.linkup. Still
the same.
Does anyone have a clue. I am de-skilled on this one!

Cliff