Date:      Tue, 17 Nov 1998 22:42:45 +1100 (EST)
From:      gcross@netspace.net.au
To:        freebsd-java@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Can't find java/lang/Thread?

--0-1804289383-911302976=:5586

I have installed jdk1.1.7.V98-11-5.tar.gz in /usr/local/ on a FreeBSD
2.2.7 system and followed the installation instructions as per the
README file.

But when I run javac or appletviewer, I get:

[~/source/java]$ /usr/local/jdk1.1.7/bin/javac
Unable to initialize threads: cannot find class java/lang/Thread

I have checked the mail archives for this list, and it is suggested
that you explicitly set CLASSPATH, but that has not made any difference.

I have checked jdk1.1.7/lib/classes.zip and it definitely exists.

Any suggestions on what I am doing wrong?

Thanks
Graeme

--
Graeme Cross                                      gcross@netspace.net.au

--0-1804289383-911302976=:5586

-----BEGIN PGP MESSAGE-----
Version: 2.6.3ia

iQCVAwUBNlFhOclBq9Wvf+qtAQHSngQAtjPb2RwC6XxXT++zBf8fPufj6WkR7nNk
Tm1dgq7LrCq2N43edStLkF0aEtJxVySMkHPl74WBIPwTqyJ63meG9w8BuUK2utFk
zAdGN1y3K0sxtZJWgU1cReylumpDlMmikA9XoelRzXvd3A9TTL51CwfBTaCmmen8
D+7M9Wihd+g=
=Sv9L
-----END PGP MESSAGE-----

--0-1804289383-911302976=:5586--