Date:      Sun, 27 Apr 2003 12:02:34 +0200
From:      =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Bodo_R=FCskamp?= <jordbaer@mac.com>
To:        arch@freebsd.org
Subject:   misc patches to FreeBSD (Geode, USB, kqueue, ObjC)

Hi,

I have compiled a list of patches for FreeBSD on=20
<http://www.clabsms.de/FreeBSD/index.html>. They are the result of=20
using the FreeBSD kernel on our Set-Top-Box hardware, which uses the=20
Geode processor by National Semiconductor.

We used to patch the past FreeBSD releases since 4.3 to get our=20
software working, but since our product is now released, we would like=20=

to merge the patches into the main FreeBSD repository, so that they are=20=

included in FreeBSD 4.9.

A short overview:

http://www.clabsms.de/FreeBSD/patch.sys.i386.i386.identcpu.c
http://www.clabsms.de/FreeBSD/patch.sys.i386.i386.vm_machdep.c
These patches are to support the NSC Geode processor.

http://www.clabsms.de/FreeBSD/patch.sys.net.bpf.c
http://www.clabsms.de/FreeBSD/patch.sys.dev.usb.usb.c
These patches add the kqueue(2) interface to bpf(4) and usb(4).

http://www.clabsms.de/FreeBSD/patch.sys.dev.usb.ohci.c
This contains a fix for a serious bug in the OHCI code that was present=20=

for a very long time in FreeBSD and NetBSD: The attach/detach routines=20=

have a bug that makes the usbd hang in the kernel (unkillable). Also=20
some minor fixes are included, ported from NetBSD 1.6.1.

http://www.clabsms.de/FreeBSD/patch.sys.netgraph.ng_ksocket.c
This patch makes the connect() function of ng_ksocket work.

http://www.clabsms.de/FreeBSD/patch.contrib.libobjc.objc.hash.h
http://www.clabsms.de/FreeBSD/patch.contrib.libobjc.objc.thr.h
Patches for the ObjC include headers that are required, if you use GCC=20=

with all warnings turned on.

; Bodo R=FCskamp

--=20
Bodo R=FCskamp <jordbaer@mac.com>=