Date:      Fri, 7 Feb 2003 09:59:43 -0000
From:      "Mark Ackroyd" <mark.ackroyd@crosbycomms.co.uk>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Help?

I used to have a linux firewall/nat box controlling access to our
network. I want to use FreeBSD on a new system But I`m having trouble
getting the NAT to work.

This is the line on the old firewall running linux.

$IPTABLES -t nat -A POSTROUTING -d ! 192.168.0.0/16 -j SNAT --to
<external ip>

How would this translate to a ipfw command?

This is the line from the nat man page? .. Any ideas what I need to do
for this to work?

>ipfw add divert natd all from any to any via < which interface? > ipfw
>add pass all from any to any

Best Regards,
Mark Ackroyd

Software Programmer