Date:      Sun, 18 Jun 2000 11:10:20 -0500
From:      Michael Urban <murban@tznet.com>
To:        andrew@grillet98.freeserve.co.uk, freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ports/19366: PPP keeps redialling when no tcp/ip traffic

Hello Andrew,

Try adding the following line to your ppp.conf file:

set log +tcp/ip

That will log all traffic and should produce an entry in ppp.log of what tried
to use tcp/ip just before the dial occured (it will be time stamped)

You might also want to read the section in the FAQ on this:
http://www.freebsd.org/FAQ/ppp.html#AEN3493

And the handbook section  regarding automatical dialing. There is a section
that discusses the things that can cause ppp to dial automatically.

Hope this helps,

Mike