Date:      Mon, 23 Oct 2000 14:11:47 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Nitebirdz <nitebirdz@uswest.net>
To:        bv@wjv.com
Cc:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Best alternative to asp

On Sun, 22 Oct 2000, Bill Vermillion wrote:

> I was just asked to bring up a web-site which has pages developed
> in ASP.  Before this I successfully was able to avoid many of the
> MS incantations.  I see there are ASP to PHP conversions and I'm
> going to have to help the site through this.  Their alternative
> is cgi.
>
> Recommendations?   [This is a site that needs to come up now, but
> later sites for this group - a coop - will have their own server
> they maintain in our racks - so I can avoid that problem].
>
> Thanks for any pointers.

I ignore if ChiliSoft also runs on FreeBSD but you may want to check into
this.  It appeats to be a port of ASP to UNIX platforms:

http://www.chilisoft.com/

-------------------------------
A master was explaining the nature of the Tao to one of his novices, "The
Tao is embodied in all software -- regardless of how insignificant," said
the master.
-- "Is the Tao in a hand-held calculator?" asked the novice.
-- "It is," came the reply.
-- "Is the Tao in a video game?" continued the novice.
-- "It is even in a video game," said the master.
-- "And is the Tao in the DOS for a personal computer?"
The master coughed and shifted his position slightly. "The lesson is over
for today," he said.