Date:      Mon, 10 Aug 1998 18:37:21 +0100
From:      "Raymond Hunter" <raymond@acc-uk.com>
To:        "'Aleksandar Obradovic'" <alex@montenegro.com>, <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: Virtual Domains

Could someone list items I need to focus on in order to set up Virtual
Domain names on my server. I am running FBSD-2.2.6 with Apache.

I am interested in following:
1. Setting up virtual IP's and domain names on the same machine with one
physical IP address.

This stuff is in named and mail sections. If you only want one IP, as
opposed to many, then using CNAME in bind should sort you out...

2. Setting up subdomains for each of the virtual domains I create.
(subdomain.domain.com)

Again, this is relating to named

3. Setting up e-mail forwarding accounts so I have virtual e-mail account
for every domain and subdomain.

A good resource for virtual e-mail domains and Apache serving, and other
things you are after is:

http://cybernut.com/guides/virtual.html

Ray...

(I am using this for my development environment, so my IP's are
192.168.0.XXX.)

Lists of things I need to worry about will do (references to documentation
are welcome). Thanks.

--------
Aleksandar Obradovic
e-mail: alex@montenegro.com