Date:      Mon, 19 Jul 1999 23:18:01 +0100
From:      Nik Clayton <nik@nothing-going-on.demon.co.uk>
To:        John Polstra <jdp@polstra.com>
Cc:        Nik Clayton <nik@nothing-going-on.demon.co.uk>, wosch@freebsd.org, doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Timetable for doc/ repository changes

On Mon, Jul 12, 1999 at 08:03:25PM -0700, John Polstra wrote:
> > In addition, I think (but would like confirmed) that John agrees
> > that sliding or renaming the release* tags in doc/ja/ is now not
> > necessary, because of how the tags are intended to be used.
>
> No, on the contrary, I insist upon renaming the tags so that they (a)
> are different from the existing tags, and (b) won't be mistaken for
> FreeBSD release tags.

OK, that's fine.  As long as some tags remain, and the JP team are
happy, I'm OK with it.

[...]
> > Basically, this means any Monday, Wednesday, or Sunday evening are best
> > for this to happen (from my point of view).  John, how does this fit in
> > with your schedule?
>
> Summertime is so crazy that I can't really generalize about the days
> of the week.  I'm sure we can work out a specific date, though.

Can we get to work on this (setting a date, I mean).  If you can pick a
date we can use sometime in the next couple of weeks, I'll make sure my
schedule is clear, and start warning the mirror site operators of the
impending breakage, and what they might do to mitigate it.

 [intentional self-reference] can be easily accommodated using a blessed,
 non-self-referential dummy head-node whose own object destructor severs
 the links.
    -- Tom Christiansen in <375143b5@cs.colorado.edu>