Date:      Thu, 27 Sep 2001 22:50:40 -0700
From:      "Gerardo Enrique Paredes" <gerardo_enrique_paredes@hotmail.com>
To:        "Zach Hartley" <zhartley@linus.highpoint.edu>, <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: HELP: My mouse or KDE made my computer freeze

----- Original Message -----
From: "Zach Hartley" <zhartley@linus.highpoint.edu>
To: "Gerardo Enrique Paredes" <gerardo_enrique_paredes@hotmail.com>
Sent: Wednesday, September 26, 2001 9:57 PM

> have you tried useing /dev/psm0 as your mouse device in the X config file?
>
> Zach
>
> Around Wed, Sep 26, 2001 at 09:36:14PM -0700, Gerardo Enrique Paredes thus
spake the following:
> > Please someone help me:
> >
> > I just installed FreeBSD 4.2, yes, i am a newbie, just 2 days in the
daemon world.
> > I finally could get X 3.3.6 + KDE to work in my own, the problem is that
if i touch the K in the KDE toolbar, the system freezes and not
CTRL+ALT+BKSP or any key can get him back to life, in fact, the keyboard
freezes too, i have read all the questions about this in the mailing list, i
tried SysMouse, with /dev/sysmouse, i tried Auto  as protocol, i tried with
any combination i could try, the problem ever ocurred, i am thinking now
that maybe is not the mouse conf, anyway, my video card have a SiS 6326
chipset, Serial cheap mouse, i can give you more info, but the FreeBSD
machine didn't recognize my NIC, W2K used to say i had a NE2000 compatible,
i selected that card in the Kernel visual conf, but the ed0 interface just
isnt there, sorry for talking too much, thanks in advance   >:)