Date:      Wed, 1 Feb 95 09:12:31 EST
From:      combssf@salem.ge.com (Stephen F. Combs [Network Services)
To:        jkh@freefall.cdrom.com
Cc:        hackers@freefall.cdrom.com
Subject:   Re: this is silly - really!

Jordan,
	Whatever makes you happy!  It doesn't bother me either way!

Steve C.

 >  Date: Wed, 1 Feb 1995 04:14:09 -0800
 >  From: "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@freefall.cdrom.com>
 >  Sender: hackers-owner@freebsd.org
 >
 >  ok, just a quick straw poll.  how many people out there _really object_
 >  when somebody sends them something in all lower-case, too lazy to even
 >  capitalize after punctuation? this used to sort of bother me until finally
 >  the light dawned yesterday and i understood - it's a lot *faster* to
 >  type when you ignore case!  gee! revelation! :-)  now it's no coincidence
 >  that all my very busiest friends all started doing this around the
 >  same time! :-)
 >
 >  on the other hand, as you can plainly see, it looks kinda stupid.
 >
 >  it is certainly much faster to type, and you run into less run-on mistakes
 >  where you get two letters cap'd and then you have to go back and muck it all
 >  up for awhile until finally you can go on to the next word.  bah.
 >
 >  so what's the concensus?  go for fast but ugly or slower but more
 >  elegant?  :-)
 >
 >  					jordan

   (My employer is in NO WAY responsible for the opinions expressed herein)
Stephen F. Combs                 Internet:	CombsSF@Salem.GE.COM
GE Industrial Sales & Services	 Voice:		703.387.8828
Network Services		 Home:		CombsSF-Home@Salem.GE.COM
1501 Roanoke Blvd                Home Voice:	703.389.9524
Salem, VA  24153                 (not reliable after 9:30pm, 'cuz 'tis my link)