Date:      Tue, 14 Dec 1999 09:41:54 -0500
From:      Peter Schwenk <schwenk@math.udel.edu>
To:        FRED_LONG@udlp.com
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Failure of FreeBSD to Recognize Serial Ports

What version of FreeBSD are you using?  Have you modified the kernel from stock?
Which port is is the modem on?  Does the 'dmesg' command list and sio (serial i/o)
ports?  I'm using user (not kernel) PPP (see man ppp), and I'm using the /dev/cuaa0
(first serial port) device for my communications.  The Pedantic PPP Primer refers
to user PPP.

--
PETER SCHWENK                                    |  UNIX System Administrator
Department of Mathematical Sciences              |  University of Delaware