Date:      Tue, 20 Jan 1998 19:28:53 +0800 (WST)
From:      Dean Hollister <dean@odyssey.apana.org.au>
To:        Wayne G Boyd <wayne@jce.wintermute.co.uk>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: mail aliasing

On Tue, 20 Jan 1998, Wayne G Boyd wrote:

> I have set up various mail aliases for things like 'sales' in the
> /etc/aliases file.  However, how do I get the mail arriving for
> 'sales' to be copied to a list of users ?

You can do this two ways:

1. Put the line into /etc/aliases containing the email addresses.

2. List them in an external file and reference to it from /etc/aliases.

For example:

#	$Id: aliases,v 1.4 1997/06/29 23:09:07 wosch Exp $
#	@(#)aliases	5.3 (Berkeley) 5/24/90
#
#  Aliases in this file will NOT be expanded in the header from
#  Mail, but WILL be visible over networks.
#
#	>>>>>>>>>>	The program "newaliases" must be run after
#	>> NOTE >>	this file is updated for any changes to
#	>>>>>>>>>>	show through to sendmail.
#
# bash$ newaliases
#
#
# See also RFC 2142, `MAILBOX NAMES FOR COMMON SERVICES, ROLES
# AND FUNCTIONS', May 1997

all-users:	:include:/etc/mail/all-users

Will use all entries in the file /etc/mail/all-users

Regards,

d.

| Dean Hollister,           | dean@odyssey.apana.org.au |
| Perth, Western Australia. | deanh@iinet.net.au        |