Date:      Thu, 24 Jan 2008 00:19:45 -0500
From:      Hussain Ali <hali@datapipe.net>
To:        "freebsd-proliant@freebsd.org" <freebsd-proliant@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: hpasmd in FreeBSD 6.2

Richard Cotrina <rcc@speedy.net.pe> on [Wed, Jan 23, 2008 at 05:27:05PM -0500] wrote:
> Anyone has hpasmd running in FreeBSD 6.2 or 6.X ? I have a Proliant DL380 G5
> running FreeBSD 6.2/amd64, and after installing hpasmd from
>
> http://people.freebsd.org/~jcagle
>
> hpasmd does not start. I just see a message in the console :
>
> Jan 22 18:35:29 host hpasmd[51731]: ProLiant System Health Daemon loading
> (v7.22-Fre
> eBSD)
>
> but the daemon does not run.
>
> Any ideas about how to solve it ? I installed compat5x from ports, prior to
> run hpasmd.
>
> Best Regards

These do not work on 6.x and the above is often brought up here. Here's
the last discussion on this :

http://kerneltrap.org/mailarchive/freebsd-hackers/2007/6/11/220436

Does anyone know how the relationship with HP is going? If
you have any details, we are an HP shop and may be able to
add some steam into getting these out faster (if they are
even being developed still).

--
-hussain