Date:      Sat, 26 Jan 2002 01:52:23 -0500
From:      Alvaro Gil <Alvaro@AlvaroGil.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Silly question.  How to install ports.

I am having trouble installing ports.  I am trying to update apache
to 1.3.22. I downloaded the tarball and did a pkg_add
apacheblabla.tar.  it made a new group called www and quit.

Is this how one usually installs ports?  How do you install a port in
the ports directory or if its not in a tarball?  I know this info is
online somewhere but I cannot seem to find it right now.

Thanks.