Date:      Wed, 12 Dec 2001 12:56:58 -0500
From:      "Chynnee" <chynnee@mindspring.com>
To:        "Andrew Tulloch" <andrewt@great4.co.uk>
Cc:        <stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: SMP and MySQL/threads

Pthread's threads CAN run on different CPUs if they are giving the right
attributes:
pthread_attr_setscope(&thread_attributes, PTHREAD_SCOPE_SYSTEM);

then the "thread_attribute" is used when creating the thread.

mysql seems to use this attribute.
maybe if someone is running it on a SMP box, they could tell us more.

(i am all about these thread questions today, but if i am wrong someone
please correct me)

brad