Date:      Mon, 15 Feb 1999 21:49:45 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Doug Rabson <dfr@nlsystems.com>
To:        Steve Price <sprice@hiwaay.net>
Cc:        Doug White <dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu>, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: support for 3Com 3C575 network controller?

On Mon, 15 Feb 1999, Steve Price wrote:

> On Mon, 15 Feb 1999, Doug White wrote:
>
> # CardBus cards aren't supported.  Period.
>
> Eek, I didn't realize this was a CardBus card. :{  I quess
> this begs the question though, is anyone working on CardBus
> support for FreeBSD since this is the 32-bit version of
> PCMCIA?  Yes I understand they are *completely* different.
> Just curious.

No-one is actively working on it right now. I do own one of the cards and
it should be possible to use the existing xl driver without too many
changes after the initial cardbus hurdle is dealt with.  Paid work is
monopolising my time right now, so I don't expect to play with it anytime
soon.

--
Doug Rabson				Mail:  dfr@nlsystems.com