Date:      Fri, 04 Jun 1999 02:29:37 +0100
From:      Brian Somers <brian@Awfulhak.org>
To:        Garance A Drosihn <drosih@rpi.edu>
Cc:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@zippy.cdrom.com>, Matthew Dillon <dillon@apollo.backplane.com>, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Matt's Commit status (was Re: 3.2-stable, panic #12)

[.....]
> Someone who has this much spare energy for tracking down ancient
> problems in technologically-uninteresting code should be getting
> some reward for it.  In a project like this, it seems to me that
> the standard reward is a certain degree of respect, and I think
> Matt's recent work has earned him a bit more respect than he seems
> to be getting.
[.....]

IMHO Matt is respected far more than you think.  But as he points out
himself, you never get to see that respect - you just tend to get
dumped on from a great height when you do anything slightly wrong -
even if that wrongness is just a different way of doing things.

--
Brian <brian@Awfulhak.org>                        <brian@FreeBSD.org>
      <http://www.Awfulhak.org>;                   <brian@OpenBSD.org>