Date:      Mon, 7 Jan 2002 16:13:35 +0200 (EET)
From:      Domas Mituzas <midom@delfi.lt>
To:        Joe Abley <jabley@automagic.org>
Cc:        <stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Chrooted bind  out of the box

Hi there,

> ... and I would sooner run named in a chroot jail in a standard
> way than introduce FreeBSDisms that aren't going to be easily
> administered by people more familiar with other platforms.

with all great respect I would accept jail() syscall instead (or in
addition to) chroot() for named. No need to use jail(8). Of course, it
will be FreeBSDism, but an advanced one. Of course, options for named.conf
should be added too. Of course, IP imprisonment should be considered.

Regards,
Domas Mituzas
DELFI Internet, UAB