Date:      Sat, 19 Aug 1995 16:35:23 -0500
From:      Rich Murphey <rich@lamprey.utmb.edu>
To:        FreeBSD-current@freefall.FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: sup/cvs interactions?

It was partly pilot error after all.  I didn't take into
consideration the 2 hour difference in time zones.

The files actually had the same time stamp but 'ls -l'
showed different times in different zones (PST and CST).

|From: "Rodney W. Grimes" <rgrimes@gndrsh.aac.dev.com>
|> Sup ignores files that are older on the server than on the
|> client, so it wouldn't pick up this kind of change.
|
|This depends on sup options.

Yep, you mentioned the 'keep' option forces this, but I
wasn't using 'keep'.

|> I'm seeing this once in a while.. Rich
|
|Do you have ``old'' in your supfile lines?  Or do you run sup -o?
|
|       -o	Sup will normally  only  upgrade  files  that  have
|		changed  on  the  repository since the last time an
|		upgrade was performed. That is, if the file in  the
|		repository  is  newer  than  the date stored in the
|		when file on the client.  The -o flag, or  the  old
|		supfile  option,  will cause sup to check all files
|		in the collection for changes instead of  just  the
|		new ones.

OK, I did have both 'old' in the supfile and -o on the
command line but sup didn't updates files which had bad
checksums.

Rod has suggested I reinstall sup from the sources and see
if that makes a difference.  I'll try to see whether I can
repeat it.   Rich