Date:      Thu, 8 Nov 2012 20:44:55 -0800
From:      Tim Kientzle <kientzle@freebsd.org>
To:        Sami Halabi <sodynet1@gmail.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD Hackers <hackers@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD on RaspberryPi

On Nov 8, 2012, at 9:13 AM, Sami Halabi wrote:

> why the console cable is needed ?

As far as I can tell, the code in FreeBSD-CURRENT
does not yet support the video out.  So you need
a serial console cable to interact with it.

You might be able to interact via SSH but
that requires a little bit more setup (a root
password needs to be set and you need to
edit /etc/ssh/sshd_config to allow root logins).

If someone knows how to get the video out
to work, I'm very interested!

Tim