Date:      Wed, 1 Mar 1995 00:25:47 +0100 (MET)
From:      roberto@blaise.ibp.fr (Ollivier Robert)
To:        terry@cs.weber.edu (Terry Lambert)
Cc:        phk@ref.tfs.com, nate@trout.sri.MT.net, davidg@Root.COM, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Binary compatibility with NetBSDk

> heavy time commitments.  Shame, too, since 64bit clean libraries
> would have been more benficial that whatever illusory "brand

I think you can still make our libc 64bit-clean. It is a worthy goal just
as we should try to fix both LFS (probably by getting in touch with
Mago Seltzer and those who keep up the dev.) and UFS to have everything
64bit-clean.

I know its easy to say, especially when I know I cannot do it for lack
of knowledge about FS but I think it is a good goal.
--
Ollivier ROBERT     -=- The daemon is FREE! -=-     roberto@FreeBSD.ORG
   FreeBSD keltia 2.1.0-Development #14: Sun Feb 26 16:31:40 MET 1995