Date:      Thu, 22 Jan 2015 21:19:36 +0600
From:      Alexey Dokuchaev <danfe@nsu.ru>
To:        Adrian Chadd <adrian@freebsd.org>
Cc:        "freebsd-wireless@freebsd.org" <wireless@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: AR9462 PCIe1x card: endless messages in dmesg

On Wed, Jan 21, 2015 at 08:06:09AM -0800, Adrian Chadd wrote:
> On 21 January 2015 at 01:20, Alexey Dokuchaev <danfe@nsu.ru> wrote:
> > Just installed this AR9462-based PCIe (1x) card into my work i386 desktop
> > running fortnight-old -CURRENT (r276691).  So far so good -- it delivers
> > pretty stable, lagless Internet experience, but keeps shitting in kernel
> > buffer very quickly with these (tons of them):
> >
> >     ath0: ath_edma_rxbuf_alloc: nothing on rxbuf?!
> >     ath0: ath_edma_rxfifo_alloc: Q1: alloc failed: i=0, nbufs=128?
>
> Put ATH_ENABLE_11N in your kernel config.

This helped, thank you.  Message storm is gone.  It seems I've been stripping
GENERIC overly aggressively.  Would it make sense to add these lines to the
/usr/src/sys/modules/ath_pci/Makefile:

  .if !defined(KERNBUILDDIR)
  CFLAGS+= -DATH_ENABLE_11N <... maybe some other useful defines ...>
  .endif

?  This way, in-kernel ath_pci(4) would obey kernel config, yet module will
always have them by default.  As a bonus, this would allow to build it with
simply calling make(1) from the module directory.

./danfe