Date:      Tue, 10 Nov 1998 16:31:43 +0000
From:      Tony Finch <dot@dotat.at>
To:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: [Vinum] Stupid benchmark: newfsstone

Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au> wrote:

>(you want to mention building filesystems in your manpages somewhere
>too - the '-v' option is not immediately obvious).

There's a "Making file systems" section in vinum(4).

>Tomorrow I build the world on it.

We have an experimental new "high performance" cacheing reverse web
proxy running Squid 2 on FreeBSD 3 with vinum and soft updates, which
we have run in service for a few days. Apart from some odd crashes on
the first day that disappeared after a newfs, it is OK so far.

Tony.
--
 f.a.n.finch.523654357374743743747333764375697569700
                   dot@dotat.at