Date:      Thu, 21 Sep 95 10:26:09 EAT
From:      Yen-Wei Liu <ywliu@lin.wsl.sinica.edu.tw>
To:        terry@lambert.org (Terry Lambert)
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Why "ls -la" hangs ?

> "ls -la" does a stat.  Plain "ls" does not.
>
> Your problem is that your NFS server is not responding for one of the
> mounted subdirectories of the directory being "ls"'ed.

Strange enough, this happens on my root partition a stand-alone hard disk,
not on an NFS-mounted directory. Now it happens on /, and /usr/src. Maybe
more, but I don't know. That's why it makes me think of the possibility
of file system corruption.

--
Yen-Wei Liu
Internet e-mail address:ywliu@beta.wsl.sinica.edu.tw