Date:      Mon, 2 Mar 2020 15:56:40 -0800
From:      Freddie Cash <fjwcash@gmail.com>
To:        Antoine Michard <antoine.michard@chezgeek.fr>
Cc:        FreeBSD Stable <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Wrong architecture: FreeBSD:12.0:amd64 instead of FreeBSD:12:amd64

On Mon, Mar 2, 2020 at 3:49 PM Antoine Michard <antoine.michard@chezgeek.fr>
wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I just connect to my server this evening for pkg update task and I've got
> this:
> # pkg update
> Updating FreeBSD repository catalogue...
> Fetching meta.txz: 100% 916 B 0.9kB/s 00:01
> Fetching packagesite.txz: 100% 6 MiB 6.5MB/s 00:01
> Processing entries: 63%
> pkg: wrong architecture: FreeBSD:12.0:amd64 instead of FreeBSD:12:amd64
> pkg: repository FreeBSD contains packages with wrong ABI:
> FreeBSD:12.0:amd64
> Processing entries: 100%
> Unable to update repository FreeBSD
> Error updating repositories!

It's not your system.  There's an issue with the package building cluster
that's putting the wrong version number (12.0 instead of 12) into the
architecture string.

It's a known issue, they're working on it, we just need to be patient while
they fix it.  :)

(Although, all previous mentions of this were regarding 13.0; this is the
first time I've seen the issue with 12.0 come across the mailing lists.)

--
Freddie Cash
fjwcash@gmail.com