Date:      Thu, 29 Nov 2001 12:45:15 +0100
From:      Erwin Lansing <harvester@fnidder.dk>
To:        Steven Ames <steve@virtual-voodoo.com>
Cc:        Blake Crosby <dev@samurai.com>, Ahsan Ali <ahsan@khi.comsats.net.pk>, freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: antivirus, webmail and virtual domain hosting on a mail server

On Wed, Nov 28, 2001 at 11:18:23AM -0500, Steven Ames wrote:

> Anyone successfully used vpopmail with postfix? I understand its possible,
> just have not done it...
>
> http://inter7.com/vpopmail/
>
> Would prefer postfix to qmail (that's just my, not imperical data for that
> decision).

We're using postfix-mysql and tpop3d with custom scripts. Database
design is pretty simple, which makes it easy to write scripts. We are
not offering IMAP, but it shouldn't be too hard to find an imap daemon
that can interface with the same database for authentication. Webmail
like IMP can talk to any imap daemon.

/erwin

--
Erwin Lansing 		-- 		http://droso.org

I love deadlines.                       -- Douglas Adams
I love the whooshing sound they make as the fly by.