Date:      Mon, 24 Feb 2003 08:17:29 +0100
From:      Kjell Midtseter <junkmail@sensewave.com>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <FreeBSD-questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Mutt, Postfix and port 512

List members!
On my LAN I have a FreeBSD R4.7p4 workstation where I fetch
my mail for this list from my ISP using fetchmail, and reading
it with mutt.
After I switched from using sendmail to postfix I started getting messages on ttyv0 like:
Feb 23 07:26:33 tina /kernel: Connection attempt to UDP 127.0.0.1:512 from 127.0.0.1:1054
each time a mail is arrives.
A second or three after the above message is shown, the mail pops up in mutt.

What causes the message, and how do I eliminate it?

Regards from Kjell